Will begin August 16, 2017
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2015
- M.S., Civil Engineering, Stanford University, 2011
- B.S., Architectural Engineering (double major in Civil and Environmental Engineering), Korea University, 2009
- Assistant Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Washington State University, Aug 2017 – Present
- Postdoctoral Scholar, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, Aug 2016 – Jul 2017
- Visiting Faculty, Civil, Environmental, and Construction Engineering, University of Central Florida, Aug 2015 – Aug 2016
- Graduate Research Assistant, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Aug 2011 – Aug 2015
- Kwanjeong Educational Foundation Scholarship for Doctoral Research, 2011 – 2015
- Winner, ASCE/EMI Probabilistic Methods Committee Student Paper Competition, 2014
- Honors Scholarship, Korea University, 2004
- Structural reliability
- Life-cycle analysis and risk assessment of civil infrastructure systems exposed to extreme events
- Multi-hazard risk mitigation
- Climate change effects on civil infrastructure design and maintenance strategies
- Risk-informed decision-making
- Infrastructure resilience and sustainability
- Mechanics of Materials
- Structural Analysis
- Structural Reliability
- Structural Load Modeling
- Structural Stability
- Lee, J.Y., Burton, H.V. and Lallemant, D., 2017. Adaptive decision-making for civil infrastructure systems and communities exposed to evolving risks. Structural Safety, submitted.
- Lee, J.Y. and Ellingwood, B.R., 2017. A decision model for intergenerational life-cycle risk assessment of civil infrastructure exposed to hurricanes under climate change. Reliability Engineering and System Safety, 159:100-107.
- Ellingwood, B.R. and Lee, J.Y., 2016. Managing risks to civil infrastructure due to natural hazards: communicating long-term risks due to climate change. In Risk Analysis of Natural Hazards: Interdisciplinary Challenges and Integrated Solutions. Risk, Governance, and Society, Springer, ISBN 978-3-319-22126-7.
- Ellingwood, B.R. and Lee, J.Y., 2016. Life cycle performance goals for civil infrastructure: intergenerational risk-informed decisions. Structure and Infrastructure Engineering, 12(7):822-829.
- Lee, J.Y. and Ellingwood, B.R., 2015. Ethical discounting for civil infrastructure decisions extending over multiple generations. Structural Safety, 57:43-52.