All incoming Civil and Environmental Engineering undergraduate students are required to purchase laptop computers.
These are the minimum requirements for laptops as of May 2014.
- Intel® CoreTM2 Duo or equivalent AMD processor
- 2.0 GHz (multiple cores preferred) or greater
- 4.0 GB RAM or greater
- 200 GB or greater
- Dedicated video card with hardware support for Microsoft® DirectX® 9 (or later)
- Integrated Wireless 802.11 b/g standard, configured for use on the WSU wireless network. View WSU wireless network requirements.
- Two-button mouse with scroll wheel
- Must be able to run Vista, or Windows 7.
(Some software may not work with Windows 8. Mac OS X will work as long as Windows can be installed via Boot Camp or virtualization software.)
- Internet Explorer 8 or Mozilla Firefox 3 or later
Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013, or 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- WSU provides a method for students to purchase Microsoft Office University 2010 for $99.95 plus TAX. Go to the WSU Techstore (log in with your WSU NID) and order through e-academy.
Windows users can get free antivirus from Microsoft here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/security_essentials/default.aspx.
- Download a free student version of AutoCAD at this website http://www.autodesk.com/education/home.