Skip to main content Skip to navigation
Civil and Environmental Engineering Undergraduate Program

Admission and Transfers

Undergraduate Applications

Specific undergraduate application requirements are available from the Office of Admissions.

Transfer Students

Transfer students are admitted on the basis of a 2.00 grade point average (GPA) as space allows.

Students who are planning to transfer from other institutions should coordinate their program with the undergraduate academic coordinator to establish an integrated program leading to the bachelor’s degree. Inquiries concerning specific questions are welcome.

A strong preparation in mathematics and physics is necessary prior to transfer to minimize the time required to complete the degree requirements. The requirements for direct entry into the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering upon transfer are the same as those listed for certification.

Transfer Course Equivalencies

The WSU Office of Admissions has tools to help you see how your courses match up with WSU equivalencies and find out which courses you should be taking to meet your future WSU requirements.

Check your courses.

Substitutions and waivers for transfer and change of major students.

Transfer Course Petitions

When a course does not automatically transfer to Washington State University, you need to fill out a petition form.

Departmental Courses
Complete the following form and return it to Sloan Hall Room 105 or 106. Please provide supporting documentation with your petition such as a course description or course syllabus. You may use one form for multiple course petitions.
Departmental Course Petition Form

University Common Requirements (UCORE)
Complete the following form. Please contact John Rarig (Room 106) or Christina Gerard (Room 105) in Sloan Hall to discuss the procedure.
WSU Transfer Course Substitution Request

Transfer Scholarships

The Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture offers more than 300 Dean’s Scholarships a year to incoming freshmen and transfer students.

Learn more about the Dean’s Scholarships.

Laptop Requirement

All incoming Civil and Environmental Engineering undergraduate students are required to purchase laptop computers. Check minimum hardware and software requirements.

Financial Aid

Financial assistance may be available. Visit the CEE Scholarship page to learn more.

More Information

John Rarig Undergraduate Advisor (509) 335-1219 Christina Gerard Undergraduate Advisor (509) 335-6933