- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, 1997, Texas A&M University
- M.S., Agricultural Engineering, 1984, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
- B.S., Agricultural Engineering, 1981, Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
- Professional Engineer, Commonwealth of Virginia #18266
- Clinical Professor, Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Washington State University, 2017-present
- Professor of Civil Engineering, Dept. of Mechanical & Civil Engineering, George Fox University, 2013-2017
- Coughlin Distinguished Professor of Structural Engineering, Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Washington State University, 2011-2013
- Associate Professor, Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Washington State University, 2003-2013
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Washington State University, 1997-2003
- Research Associate, Dept. of Agricultural Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1996
- Graduate Research Assistant, Dept. of Agricultural Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1994-1995
- Director of Engineering, American Wood Council, American Forest & Paper Association, 1991-1994
- Manager of Structural Engineering, American Wood Council, American Forest & Paper Association, 1989-1991
- Structural Engineer, American Wood Council, American Forest & Paper Association, 1987-1989
- Instructor, Dept. of Engineering Technology, Northern Virginia Community College, 1986
- Mechanical Engineer, Belvoir R&D Center, U.S. Army, 1983-1987
- Outstanding Teaching Faculty Award, Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Washington State University (2013, 2008, 2000)
- Reid Miller Teaching Excellence Award, College of Engineering & Architecture, Washington State University (2008)
- Leon Luck Faculty Award, Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Washington State University (2011, 2002)
- Outstanding Undergraduate Advisor Award, Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Washington State University (2005)
- Buckingham ASCE Advisor Award, Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Washington State University (2013, 2012)
- Collingwood Prize, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), 1998
- Certificate of Appreciation, U.S.D.A. Forest Products Laboratory (US FPL), 1994
- Merit Award, Virginia Section of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers (ASAE), 1992
- Mechanics of Materials
- Structural Analysis
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Timber Design
- Reinforced Concrete Design
- Structural Steel Design
- Masonry Design
- Prestressed Concrete Design
- Structural Design Loads & Load Paths
- Nondestructive Evaluation of Structural Materials
- Advanced Steel Design
- Advanced Timber Design
- Structural Reliability
- Introduction to Engineering
- Breyer, D.E., K.E. Cobeen, K.J. Fridley and D.G. Pollock. 2015. Design of Wood Structures – LRFD/ASD. McGraw-Hill.
- Montfort, D., S. Brown and D.G. Pollock. 2009. An investigation of students’ conceptual understanding in related sophomore to graduate-level engineering and mechanics courses. ASEE Journal of Engineering Education 98(2):111-129.
- K.R. Olsen and D.G. Pollock. 2009. Ultrasonic detection of simulated corrosion in one inch diameter steel tieback rods. Transportation Northwest (TransNow) Final Technical Report TNW2009-07.
- Dupuis, K.J., K.R. Olsen, R.R. Musgrove, E.J. Pearson and D.G. Pollock. 2008. Thermal imaging of concrete members to locate grouted post-tensioning ducts and identify simulated voids. Proceedings of the NDE/NDT for Highways and Bridges Conference, American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT), Oakland, CA.
- Conner, J.M., D.G. Pollock and B. Khaleghi. 2006. Detection of simulated voids in grouted ducts using ground-penetrating radar. Proceedings of the 2006 Concrete Bridge Conference, Portland Cement Association (PCA).
- Pollock, D.G., C. Knudson and M. Dodson. 2005. Timber Connection Calculator, on-line software for use by structural engineers and architects. Available on the web site of the American Wood Council (AWC), http://www.awc.org/calculators/connections/ccstyle.asp
- Pollock, D.G. and C. Knudson. 2003. Span Calculator for Sawn Lumber Joists and Rafters, on-line software for use by engineers, architects, and construction professionals. Available on the AWC web site, http://www.awc.org/calculators/span/calc/timbercalcstyle.asp
- Fabrello-Streufert, A.M., D.G. Pollock and D.I. McLean. 2003. Anchor bolts in concrete masonry under combined tension and shear loading. The Masonry Society Journal 21(1):13-30.
- Tucker, B.J., D.A. Bender, D.G. Pollock and M.P. Wolcott. 2003. Ultrasonic plate wave evaluation of natural fiber composite panels. Wood and Fiber Science 35(2):266-281.
- Henson, A.B., K.J. Fridley, D.G. Pollock and C.J. Brahler. 2002. Efficacy of interactive internet-based education in structural timber design. ASEE Journal of Engineering Education 91(4):371-378.
- Emerson, R.N., D.G. Pollock, D.I. McLean, K.J. Fridley, R.F. Pellerin and R.J. Ross. 2002. Ultrasonic inspection of large bridge timbers. FPS Forest Products Journal 52(9):88-95.
- Pollock, D.G., D.A. Bender, D.E. Bray and J.T.P. Yao. 2001. Ultrasonic detection of a plastic hinge in bolted timber connections. ASNT Materials Evaluation 59(5):625-631.
- Emerson R.N., D.G. Pollock, D.I. McLean, K.J. Fridley, R.J. Ross and R.F. Pellerin. 2001. Ultrasonic inspection of a glued laminated timber fabricated with defects. Transportation Research Record, Journal of the Transportation Research Board (TRB), No. 1770:155-165.
- Tubbs, J.B., D.G. Pollock and D.I. McLean. 2000. Testing of anchor bolts in concrete block masonry. The Masonry Society Journal 18(2):75-88.
- Tucker, B.J., D.G. Pollock, K.J. Fridley and J.J. Peters. 2000. Governing yield modes for common bolted and nailed wood connections. ASCE Practice Periodical on Structural Design and Construction 5(1):14-26.