Civil and Environmental Engineering Faculty
Dr. Vikram Yadama
Extension Specialist E-3
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, 2002
- M.S., Wood Mechanics, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA, 1990
- B.S., Forestry and Forest Management, Iowa State University, Ames, IA, 1986
- Assistant Research Professor & Extension Specialist, Composite Materials & Engineering Center, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, 2003 – present
- Graduate Research Assistant, Washington State University, Pullman, WA, 1998 – 2002
- Senior Research Assistant; Research Scientist, Forest Products Laboratory, Mississippi State University, 1990 – 1998
- First Place, Wiley Research Exposition Engineering/Physics Student Research & Presentation, Washington State University, 2001-2002
- Suksdorf Fellowship Award, Washington State University, 2000
- Plywood Pioneers Association Scholarship, 2000 and 2001
- G. B. MacDonald Memorial Senior Leadership Award for Advanced Studies, Iowa State Univ., 1986
- Outstanding Senior Award, Iowa State Univ., 1986
- Mechanics of Wood and Wood Composites
- Modeling of Engineered Wood Composites
- Structure and Behavior, Behavior of Wood Joints
- Industrial Extension/Outreach in Forest Products
- Yadama, V., E.C. Lowell, N. Peterson and D. Nicholls. 2009. Wood-Thermoplastic Composites Manufactured Using Beetle-Killed Spruce from Alaska. Polymer Engineering and Science. 49(1):129-136.
- Weight, S.W. and V. Yadama. 2008. Manufacture of laminated strand veneer (LSV) composite. Part 2: Elastic and strength properties of laminate of thin strand veneers. Holzforschung. 62(6):725-730.
- Weight, S.W. and V. Yadama. 2008. Manufacture of laminated strand veneer (LSV) composite. Part 1: Optimization and characterization of thin strand veneers. Holzforschung. 62(2):718-724.
- Yadama, V., M.P. Wolcott and D.G. Pollock. 2007. Out-of-plane strand deviation in oriented strand composites. Wood and Fiber Science. 39(4):603-613.
- Yadama, V. and M.P. Wolcott. 2006. Elastic properties of hot-pressed aspen strands. Wood and Fiber Science. 38(4):742-750.
- Yadama, V., M.P. Wolcott and L.V. Smith. 2006. Elastic properties of wood-strand composites with undulating strands. Composites Part A. Applied Science and Manufacturing. 37(3):385-392.
- Yadama, V., J. Zhang, B.M. Syed and P.H. Steele. 2002. Experimental analysis of multiple staple joints in selected wood and wood-based materials. Journal of Testing and Evaluation. JTEVA, Vol. 30, No. 5, pp. 400-407.
- Zhang, J., V. Yadama, F. Quin and D. Lyon. 2002. Resistance of southern yellow pine to direct withdrawal of staples. Forest Prod. J. 52(9): 75-81.