- Ph.D., Environmental Systems Engineering, 1982 – Clemson University, S. Carolina
- M.S., Environmental Systems Engineering, 1976 – Clemson University
- B.S., Oceanographic Technology, 1975 – Florida Institute of Technology, School of Marine and Environmental Science
- Interim Director, NSF/IGERT Center for Multiphase Environmental Research, 2003-07
- Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, WSU, 1999-present
- Associate Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, WSU, 1990-99
- Senior Process Engineer, Environmental Engineering, RMT, Inc, 1989-90
- Assistant Professor, Civil & Environmental Engineering, WSU, 1983-89
- Physical and chemical wastewater treatment process: adsorption phenomena, metal partitioning, precipitation, facilitated metal transport mechanisms, vapor extraction of chlorinated solvents
- Adsorption and desorption of hazardous organics and metals on soil and activated carbon
- Removal of metals from industrial waste streams
- Fate and transport of highway runoff contaminants
- Introduction to Environmental Engineering
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Design
- Environmental Measurements
- Engineering Ethics
- Physicochemical Water and Wastewater Treatment
- Nelson, S., David R Yonge and Michael E Barber (2009) “The effects of road salts on heavy metal mobility in two eastern Washington soils”. Journal of Environmental Engineering ASCE, 135 pp. 505-510.
- Lancaster, C., Beutel, M., Yonge, D. (2009). “Evaluation of roadside infiltration to manage stormwater runoff in arid eastern Washington”, Environmental Engineering Science, 26, pp. 935-940.
- Puzon, G.J., Tokala, R., Zhang, H., D.R. Yonge, B.M. Peyton, L. Xun, (2008) “Subsurface Mobility of Organo-Cr(III) Complexes Formed During Biological Reduction of Cr(VI)”, Chemosphere,70, 2054-2059.
- Rumburg, B., Mount, G., Filipy, J., Lamb, B., Westberg, H., Yonge, D., Kincaid, R., Johnson, K. (2008). Measurement and modeling of atmospheric flux of ammonia from dairy milking cow housing, Atmospheric Environment, 42, pp. 3364-3379.
- Rumburg, B., Mount, G., Yonge, D., Lamb, B., Westberg, H., Neger, M., Filipy, J., Kincaid, R., Johnson, K. (2008). Measurements and modeling of atmospheric flux of ammonia from an anaerobic dairy waste lagoon, Atmospheric Environment, 42, pp. 3380-3393.
- Tokala, R., D.R. Yonge, G. J. Puzon, V. Siravswamy, L. Xun, B.M. Peyton, (2007) “Subsurface Mobility of Organo-Cr(III) Complexes Formed During Biological Reduction of Cr(VI)”, J Environ Engr, ASCE, 134(2), 87-92.
- Alam, M., Hossain, M. A., Yonge, D. R., Peyton, B. M., and Petersen, J. N. (2006). “Bioreduction of Hexavalent Chromium in Flow-Through Quartz Sand Columns.” Journal of Environmental Engineering, ASCE, 132(3), 358-366.