Professor, Berry Distinguished Professor
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, 2007, University of Washington
- M.S., Civil Engineering, 2002, University of Washington
- B.S., Civil Engineering, 1997, University of Colorado
- Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, WSU, 2020 – Present
- Associate Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, WSU, 2014 – 2020
- Associate Director, State of Washington Water Research Center, 2014 – 2017
- Assistant Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, WSU, 2008 – 2014
- Graduate Research Assistant, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Washington, 2000 – 2007
- Peace Corps Volunteer, Secondary Mathematics Education, Solomon Islands, 1997-1999
- Undergraduate Teaching and Research Assistant, Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Colorado, 1996-1997
- INSIGHT Into Diversity Magazine’s Top 100 Inspiring Women in STEM Award, 2015
- Leon Luck Faculty Award as the Most Effective Professor, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, WSU, 2014
- Outstanding Research Faculty Award, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, WSU, 2014
- Reid Miller Teaching Excellence Award, College of Engineering & Architecture, WSU, 2011
- Outstanding Teaching Faculty Award, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, WSU, 2011
- Hydrologic impacts of global change
- Earth systems modeling
- Land/atmosphere interactions
- Water resources engineering
- Sustainable development in water resources
- Adam, J.C., J.C. Stephens, S.H. Chung, M.P. Brady, R.D. Evans, C.E. Kruger, B.K. Lamb, M.L. Liu, C.O. Stöckle, J.K. Vaughan, K. Rajagopalan, J.A. Harrison, C.L. Tague, A. Kalyanaraman, Y. Chen, A. Guenther, F.Y. Leung, L.R. Leung, A.B. Perleberg, J. Yoder, E. Allen, S. Anderson, B. Chandrasekharan, K. Malek, T. Mullis, C. Miller, T. Nergui, J. Poinsatte, J. Reyes, J. Zhu, J.S. Choate, X. Jiang, R. Nelson, J.H. Yoon, G.G. Yorgey, K.J. Chinnayakanahalli, A.F. Hamlet, B. Nijssen, V. Walden, 2014. BioEarth: A regional biosphere-relevant earth system model to inform agricultural and natural resource management decisions, Climatic Change, doi: 10/1007/210584-014-1115-2.
- Liu, M., K. Rajagopalan, S. H. Chung, X. Jiang, J. Harrison, T. Nergui, A. Guenther, C. Miller, J. Reyes, C. Tague, J. Choate, E.P. Salathé, C.O. Stöckle, and J. C. Adam, 2014. What is the importance of climate model bias when projecting the impacts of climate change on land surface processes? Biogeosciences, doi: 10.5194/bg-11-1/2014.
- Brown, S., A. Easley, D. Montfort, J.C. Adam, B. Van Wie, A. Olusola, C. Poor, C. Tobin, A. Flatt, 2014. Effectiveness of an interactive learning environment utilizing a physical model, Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice, 140(3), 04014001.
- Liu, M., J.C. Adam, and A.F. Hamlet, 2013. Spatial-temporal variations of evapotranspiration and runoff/precipitation ratios responding to the changing climate in the Pacific Northwest during 1921-2006, Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres, doi: 10.1029/2012JD018400.
- Van Wie, J.B, J.C. Adam, and J.L. Ullman, 2013. Conservation tillage in dryland agriculture impacts watershed hydrology, Journal of Hydrology doi: 10.1016/J.HYDROL.2012.12.030. .
- Rawlins, M.A., M. Steele, M.M. Holland, J.C. Adam, et al. 2010. Analysis of the Arctic System for Freshwater Cycle Intensification: Observations and Expectations, Journal of Climate 23 (21) 5715-5737.
- Adam, J.C., A. F. Hamlet, and D. P. Lettenmaier, 2008. Implications of global climate change for snowmelt hydrology in the 21st century, Hydrological Processes 23(7) 962-972.
- Adam, J.C., and D.P. Lettenmaier, 2008. Application of new precipitation and reconstructed streamflow products to streamflow trend attribution in Northern Eurasia. Journal of Climate 21(8): 1807-1828.
- Adam, J.C., I. Haddeland, F. Su, and D. P. Lettenmaier, 2007. Simulation of reservoir influences on annual and seasonal streamflow changes for the Lena, Yenisei and Ob’ rivers, Journal of Geophysical Research 112, D24114, doi:10.1029/2007JD008525.
- Adam, J.C., E.A. Clark, D.P. Lettenmaier, and E.F. Wood, 2006. Correction of global precipitation products for orographic effects. Journal of Climate 19(1): 15-38.
- Barnett T.P., J.C. Adam, and D.P. Lettenmaier, 2005. Potential impacts of a warming climate on water availability in snow-dominated regions. Nature 438: 303-309.
- Adam, J.C., and D.P. Lettenmaier, 2003. Adjustment of global gridded precipitation for systematic bias. Journal of Geophysical Research 108, D9, doi:10.1029/2002JD002499.