- Ph.D., Hydrologic Sciences, 2012 – University of California, Davis
- M.S., Earth and Planetary Science, 2009 – University of New Mexico
- B.A., Earth and Planetary Science, 2006 – University of New Mexico
- Assistant Professor, Washington State University, 2014 – Present
- Post-doctoral research fellow, Colorado School of Mines, 2013-14
- Graduate student researcher, University of California, Davis, 2009-12
- Hydrologist, U.S. Geological Survey, New Mexico Water Science Center, 2005-09
- Mixing and reactive transport in heterogeneous porous media
- Applications of groundwater age and residence time
- Integrated modeling of coupled hydrologic systems
- Geostatistics and subsurface characterization
- Water Resources Engineering
- Numerical modeling of hydrologic systems
- Advanced subsurface flow and transport
- Engdahl, N.B. and Maxwell, R.M. (2015), Quantifying changes in age distributions and the hydrologic balance of a high-mountain watershed resulting from climate induced variations in recharge, Journal of Hydrology, 522, p. 152-162, doi: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2014.12.032
- Engdahl, N.B., Benson, D.A., and Bolster, D. (2014), Predicting the enhancement of mixing-driven reactions in nonuniform flows using measures of flow topology, Physical Review E, 90, 051001(R), doi: 10.1103/PhysRevE.90.051001.
- Engdahl, N.B. (2014), Equivalence of the Time and Laplace Domain Solutions for the Steady-State Concentration of Radiometric Tracers and the Groundwater Age Equation, Water Resources Research, 50, doi: 10.1002/2014WR015413.
- Engdahl, N.B. and Maxwell, R.M. (2014), Approximating groundwater age distributions using simple streamtube models and multiple tracers, Advances in Water Resources, 66, p. 19-31, doi: 10.1016/j.advwatres.2014.02.001.
- McCallum, J.L., Engdahl, N.B., Ginn, T.R., and Cook, P.G. (2014), Non-parametric estimation of groundwater residence time distributions: What can environmental tracer data tell us about groundwater residence time?, Water Resources Research, 50, doi:10.1002/2013WR014974.
- Engdahl, N.B., Ginn, T.R. and Fogg, G.E. (2013), Scalar dissipation rates in non-conservative transport systems, Journal of Contaminant Hydrology, doi:10.1016/j.conhyd.2013.03.003.
- Langman, J.B., and Engdahl, N.B. (2013), Evaluation of flow dynamics in a fractured-rock aquifer from recharge pulse events, Rio Grande Rift, New Mexico, Water and Environment Journal, 27 (2), doi: 10.1111/wej.12040.
- Engdahl, N.B., Ginn, T.R. and Fogg, G.E. (2013), Using groundwater age distributions to estimate the effective parameters of Fickian and non-Fickian models of solute transport, Advances in Water Resources, 54, p. 11-21, doi:10.1016/j.advwatres.2012.12.008.
- Engdahl, N.B., Ginn, T.R. and Fogg, G.E. (2012), Non-Fickian dispersion of groundwater age, Water Resources Research, 48, W07508, doi:10.1029/2012WR012251.
- Engdahl, N.B., and Weissmann, G.S. (2010), Anisotropic transport rates in heterogeneous porous media, Water Resources Research, W02507, doi:10.1029/2009WR007910.
- Engdahl, N.B., Vogler, E.R., and Weissmann, G.S. (2010), Evaluation of Aquifer heterogeneity effects on river loss using a transition probability framework, Water Resources Research, 46, W01506, doi:10.1029/2009WR008320.
- Engdahl, N.B., Weissmann, G.S., and Bonal, N.D. (2010), An integrated approach to shallow aquifer characterization: combining geophysics and geostatistics, Computational Geosciences, v. 14 (2), p. 217-229, DOI: 10.1007/s10596-009-9145-y.